For The Loop’s Forum
This is the most important Forum rule, so we’ve put it at the top. Remember to be kind and respectful of others on the Forum, even if you disagree with them. What’s amazing about this Forum is that it brings people together from across Australia. People from different backgrounds and possibly with different opinions to you.
Your safety is important, so we advise you not to share personal details or personal information about yourself, or your family in the Forum.
Direct Messaging (chat) and Closed Groups are about personal connections but remember to use common sense and decide how much personal information you want to share with others.
Reporting can be made by:
- Flagging the user by clicking on their profile and then on the button to the right of their profile picture and selecting Flag user.
- email – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Messaging a Moderator
Mind your language
In the general parts of the Forum, please be aware that anyone can see what you have written. Comment as if you were in a public place like a library or in a meeting, no swearing or cursing!
Benefit of the Doubt
Healthy communities are where all members engage with each other in good faith and assume the best of others within the community. In chat form, things people say don’t always come across as intended. Give them the benefit of the doubt.
- Sharing information and stories
- Asking questions
- Seeking support or advice from your fellow community members
- Sharing your experience
- Giving ideas or suggestions in a supportive way
- Supporting your fellow community members
- Being mindful and supportive of others
- Enjoying the community
What’s not OK
- Abusing, bullying, harassing (including sexual harassment), discriminating against or defaming your fellow community members
- Frequent or excessive profanity/swearing
- Inappropriate content including violent or sexualised images
- Spam, copyrighted material or advertising links
- Being mean or wilfully disruptive
- Making disparaging comments about businesses - because they could sue you for defamation
- Creating multiple accounts or identities. If you can’t access your account, please let us know and we will assist you. email@example.com